Christmas is all about baking and gifting. And what’s better than gifting something made at home – fresh out of the oven. I love gifting and packing cookies to my family and friends. It adds that personal touch and makes the person feel very special.
Try your hands on these buttery soft and crispy almond butter cookies. They don’t just look so gorgeous but they are so addictive. I bet you can finish the entire pack in just a day. This whole pack of assorted cookies is made of just one dough. Isn’t it interesting? All you need to have is some cookie cutters or a cookie press. I bought mine from Amazon. If you love baking cookies or have kids at home, you must buy one cookie press. Homemade cookies are any day the best and they are made with all good ingredients – no chemicals and stuff!
One day I was watching a cookie video of Gracious Treatz and the moment I saw that I told myself that I had to bake these beautiful cookies at home. That time my microwave was all new and I was a little nervous to experiment on cookies and that too with a cookie press. It is like buying something you have no idea about. But I had to try that. I remember it was late at night, I watched the video and instantly ordered a cookie press from Amazon. When it was delivered, it took me a few days to gather all the courage and try baking the cookies.
Okay, so I did try after a few days. My cookie dough was all ready. I selected the attachments to make different shapes of cookies. But as soon as I pressed the cookie press, nothing came out. I tried with lesser quantity, still no luck. I tried it many times but it just didn’t work for me. The video made it look so simple but ahhhh…it was challenging. Then I shaped them by hand and baked them.
Later I realized that the problem was not the machine, it was the dough. I kneaded it too much and it developed some gluten and that’s why it was not coming out of the cookie press. It was like a big lump of dough with which you make chapattis 😀 Anyway, my next attempt went so well, not very smoothly though. It took me some good time to figure out how to operate the cookie press. But when I learned it – The best feeling ever.
Jatin was so surprised to see the cookies. He found them so gorgeous to eat. But then he finished in just a day or two 🙂 These homemade cookies can get very addictive. BEWARE! You also try these eggless cookies this Christmas season and be ready to gather all the appreciations coming your way. & once you bake at home, you will never buy them from the stores.
If you are in a hurry, watch the video instead and If you enjoy watching it, Plz Subscribe to our Youtube channel.
TIPS TO BAKE IT RIGHT
- Flour: One most common question is “Can we replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour?”. Well of course. BUT you need to understand the texture of the dough we need to make the cookies. You can not replace just one ingredient and keep the rest of the recipe exactly the same. Whole wheat flour absorbs more moisture than all-purpose flour. And if you keep other ingredients the same, you will end up with dry dough & hence a dry cookie. I would suggest following the same recipe first and then start making adjustments.
- Sifting: Sifting dry ingredients is very important. Sometimes your sugar or flour contains some tiny lumps which are unnoticeable. And it gets difficult to form a smooth dough if they have any lumps. Especially, sugar lumps don’t dissolve while creaming it with butter. You will be able to see those lumps even in baked cookies. Hence, SIFT DRY INGREDIENTS.
- Room temperature ingredients: Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature. If your butter, flour, etc. are in the refrigerator, take them out at least 1 hr before baking.
- Creaming: For how long should we cream the butter and sugar? More than the time, focus on the texture. Whisk it well till you see a light-colored, creamy, foamy texture. If you need the time, then whisk by hand for around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Chill the dough: Refrigerating the dough after rolling is important to get the right shape of the cookie. If you won’t chill the dough, it will be slightly difficult to cut it using a cookie cutter because the dough warms up while rolling and becomes softer.
BUTTER ALMOND COOKIE TEXTURE
These cookies are buttery soft and crispy. You take a bite and it just melts in the mouth. These are not at all hard or chewy. These cookies don’t puff up or increase in size because there is no baking powder or baking soda in them.
HOW TO STORE THESE COOKIES?
You can put these cookies in an air-tight container and leave them on the counter for up to 7 days. But it depends on the temperature of the place you are living in. But even then, you can easily enjoy them for 2 to 3 days.
Now you are all ready to bake these delicious chocolate chip cookies. Grab all the ingredients and bake them today. If you enjoy the recipe, please share it on Instagram and tag us too @marriedfriends. We love to see your recreation of our recipes.