What to make for breakfast is always a task. We need something quick and easy but healthy and nutritious. We need something delicious, filling, and fulfilling and also don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen. This recipe is the right fit for you. It is not just tasty but looks quite gorgeous too. You must also try our other vermicelli recipe – vermicelli upma. It is simple yet very colorful and tasty.
More healthy breakfast options are here.
If you don’t have time, watch the video instead and if you enjoy it, please Subscribe to our Youtube channel too.
Tips to make it right
Sometimes the vermicelli umpa becomes mushy and sticky. To prevent that, follow the below-mentioned tips:
- Roast vermicelli – It is always better to use roasted vermicelli. You can roast it at home till they are slightly brown in colour or you can directly buy roasted vermicelli. In this recipe, I used store-bought roasted vermicelli.
- Don’t overcook vermicelli – The quantity of water matters to make a non-sticky vermicelli. In this recipe, add water only till the level of vermicelli and veggies. If you add extra, it will become mushy. Cook till all the water is absorbed and evaporated.
- Let it rest – Once the vermicelli is cooked, switch off the flame, keep it covered and let it res for at least 5 minutes. It helps the starch settle a bit and then serve. It will be non-sticky and non-mushy.
Is this recipe Vegan?
Yes. All the ingredients used in the recipe are plant-based and vegan. If you are a vegan or vegetarian, you can enjoy this recipe.
- Vegetables: You can add any vegetable of your choice – cauliflower, zucchini, cabbage, tomato, spinach, etc.
- Peas: Instead of frozen peas, you can also use fresh peas. Just add them while adding the rest of the veggies.
To have the best experience, garnish it with some chopped red onions and serve hot. It gives a nice crunch and that flavor of raw onion in every bite. It tastes very good. Try it that way. You can have it over breakfast or if you are like us, enjoy it over dinner. It makes a quick, easy, healthy, and nourishing meal.
Now grab all the ingredients because you are ready to make this delicious breakfast recipe. If you like the recipe, please share the photo on Instagram and tag us too @marriedfriends. We just love to see your recreation of our recipes.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Happy Cooking 🙂
Love from us
Richa & Jatin
Tasty & Healthy Vermicelli – Veggie Loaded Breakfast Recipe
Quick. Easy. Healthy Breakfast.
- 1 cup Vermicelli roasted
- 2 cup Water
- 1 to 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion (medium) chopped
- 2 Tomato (small) chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup French Green Beans chopped
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup Mixed Bell Peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup Zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup Peas frozen (& thawed) or fresh
- 2 Green Chilli chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves chopped, to garnish
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- Heat some oil in a kadhai or saucepan.
- Add cumin seeds. Mix and let them sizzle for around 20 seconds on medium-low flame. Saute till they are slightly darker.
Keep an eye since they burn fast.
- Add chopped onions and saute for a minute till the onions are translucent. Do not brown them.
- Once the onions are done, add chopped tomatoes, salt to taste, red chili powder, and turmeric powder. Mix and cook till tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Then add all the chopped veggies - carrot, beans, cauliflower, bell peppers, zucchini, and green chili. Mix well.
- Add vermicelli, water, ketchup & green peas. Mix, cover, and let it cook on low flame till all the water is absorbed and vermicelli is cooked. It takes around 10 minutes on low flame.
- Once it is done, switch off the flame and let it covered and rest for around 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Mix and serve hot. Enjoy your homemade happy meal :)
Top it up with some chopped red onions while serving. It tastes good.
These days you can find many different kinds of vermicelli made of – semolina, sooji, rice flour, refined flour, whole wheat flour. You can choose whatever suits you. I prefer semolina vermicelli since it tastes good and it is a healthier option too. The recipes made out of it not just taste good but also give energy. It makes a perfect breakfast option.
Any food can be healthy or unhealthy depending on your relationship with the food. A healthy food if eaten with the wrong intention or mood won’t give you the same benefits and also it won’t be good for your mind. If you are stressing out while consuming any food, it is not going to give you the pleasure of eating instead it will impact you mentally. Hence, instead of focussing on if the food is healthy or unhealthy, focus on eating everything in moderation.
Talking about vermicelli, the ones made out of semolina or whole wheat flour is healthier than the ones made of refined flour. Many options are available in the market these days. You can choose what suits you. Or you can also make it at home just like my grand-mother (in-law) does 😀
The main difference between spaghetti and vermicelli is that spaghetti is long and it is like thin strings in shape. We mostly make pasta from it. On the other hand, vermicelli is similar to spaghetti but much thinner than it. It is mostly used in soups, upma, pulao, etc.
Using semolina or whole wheat vermicelli makes it much healthier than making it with refined flour vermicelli. You can even add different spices and vegetables to add more nutrition to the recipe. It makes a filling, nourishing, and fulfilling breakfast.