Light, creamy, delicious, and vegan – Mushroom Sauce Pasta. This recipe has no heavy milk cream, unlike any other mushroom sauce pasta. Instead, I added milk (oat milk) and cooked it until it gets creamy which makes this pasta much lighter. I even added nutritional yeast for that extra cheesiness.
If you enjoy Pasta, try our tomato pesto pasta (vegan), Minestrone Soup, and Basil Pesto Pasta (vegan).
I tried mushroom sauce pasta a long time back. It was tasty, no doubt about that. It had heavy cream and some cheese which made it creamy and delicious but a little heavy too. That’s why we didn’t make it again despite the fact that we both love pasta a lot and we need some kind of new pasta recipe every now and then. But recently, we had some mushrooms in the fridge and I thought to give this recipe another try. I decided to make it creamy without the use of any milk cream.
I made it using some milk which I cooked until it got thick and creamy. It tasted wonderful and the flavor of roasted mushrooms and caramelized onions was too good. I added some garlic too because pasta without garlic is a big no for us 🙂 When I was making it, I thought that Jatin won’t like it much because of the flavors of the mushrooms but he enjoyed having it. I tried to balance the oat milk flavors with some extra spices and herbs like bay leaf, clove, and parsley. Don’t be shocked. They make this pasta interestingly delicious and aromatic. Do try this recipe if you also love mushrooms as much as we do.
If you don’t have time, watch the video instead and if you enjoy it, please Subscribe to our Youtube channel too.
Which type of mushroom is best suited for this recipe?
You can use any kind of mushroom for this recipe. My preference is button mushrooms – white or brown – as they are very easily available. We also like the taste and the texture of these mushrooms. You can even use the following:
- Shitake Mushrooms
- Oat Milk: Use any plant-based milk of choice. If you need some dairy option, use any cow milk instead.
- Herbs: Instead of parsley, you can add basil or thyme.
- Spaghetti Pasta: Use any pasta of choice.
- Nutritional Yeast: You can add plant-based parmesan cheese instead. If you are looking for a dairy option, use regular parmesan cheese.
- Mushrooms: Use any kind of mushroom or a combination of different mushrooms.
Is this recipe Vegan?
Yes. This mushroom sauce pasta recipe is totally plant-based and vegan. It doesn’t have any milk cream or cheese to it. Instead of heavy milk cream, I added oat milk and a spoon of flour. These two ingredients make the sauce thick and creamy. For that extra cheese flavor, I added nutritional yeast. The overall result is creamy, cheesy and delicious pasta.
More vegan recipes to try: Vietnamese Summer Rolls, Whole wheat nankhatai, Kung Pao Tofu.
How to cook Pasta?
Pasta is easy to cook but if you won’t pay attention then it is very easy to ruin it. Overcooking makes it soggy and mushy and it doesn’t taste good. Follow the below-mentioned tips to cook pasta just perfectly:
- Cook it as per the packet instructions.
- Take a large pan to boil pasta. Small pans overcrowd the pasta and make them sticky and mushy.
- Add ONLY SALT in water to boil pasta. NO OIL is needed.
- Add pasta only when water starts to boil.
- Keep stirring in between to prevent them from sticking with each other.
- Pasta takes around 10 – 12 minutes to cook. Keep an eye and take a bite of it to see if they are cooked. Boil only until they are just cooked. Then remove from the flame and drain off the water.
More recipes to try
Now grab all the ingredients because you are ready to make this Italian treat at home. It is perfect for lunch, brunch, or dinner. If you try this recipe & like it too, please share the photo of your creation on Instagram and tag us @thefearlesscooking. We just love to see your recreation of our recipes.
Happy Cooking 🙂
Love from us
Richa & Jatin